Saturday, May 18, 2013 at the New York State Fairgrounds and Expo Center in Syracuse, NY.
The Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure® Series, is the largest series of 5K runs/fitness walks in the world. It raises significant funds and awareness for the fight against breast cancer, celebrates breast cancer survivorship and honors those who have lost their battle with the disease. Since its inception in 1983, the Komen Race for the Cure Series has grown from one local Race with 800 participants to a global series of more than 120 Races with more than 1 million people expected to participate in 2013.
Your support and participation provide women and men of CNY with life saving programs like:
- Free mammograms and diagnostics
- Medical treatment for qualified breast cancer patients who cannot afford care, including surgery, chemotherapy, and radiation
- Support services including support groups, assistance with finding financial resources, prescription refills and transportation to medical appointments
- Education about the warning signs of breast cancer, methods of early detection and the latest treatment options
- Cutting edge research to find a cure for breast cancer
Leave a reply →