August is here and its all about cucumbers!
This month we will taking a look at the health benefits of cucumbers. They are the fourth most cultivated vegetable in the world and it is one of the best foods for your body and health. It is often referred to as a superfood. Take a look at the amazing benefits that cucumbers can provide!
- Keeps you hydrated – cucumbers are 96 percent water, keeping the body hydrated and helps in eliminating toxins
- Fights cancer – cucumbers are known to contain lariciresinol, secoisolariciresinol, and pinoresinol (three lignans that have a history with reducing the risk of several types of cancer, including breast cancer, ovarian cancer, and prostate cancer).
- Relieves bad breath
- Aids in weight loss and digestion
- Keeps kidneys in shape – cucumbers lower uric acid levels in your system
- Smooths hair and nails
- Stabilizes blood pressure
- Reduces cholesterol
- Contains vitamin A, B and C
Cucumbers are often sprayed with pesticides, so make sure that you buy organic or grow them yourselves to ensure that they are safe and healthy. They are an amazing food that can be consumed all year round and are very versatile. Cucumbers are a great base for vegetable juice due to their high water content and mild flavor. So don’t forget to add this helpful vegetable to your daily diet!