With Thanksgiving right about the corner, we are glad to celebrate the sweet potato. Not only is it a staple in our Thanksgiving meals and overall Autumn meals, but they are amazingly healthy and delicious! So lets take a peek at the November food of the month: Sweet Potato!
– They are high in vitamin B6 which has been linked with the reduction of degenerative diseases, including heart attacks.
– Sweet potatoes are bursting of vitamin C
– They contain Vitamin D which is critical for immune system and overall health at this time of year.
– They have lots of iron which provides important benefits such as red and white blood cell production, resistance to stress, proper immune functioning, and the metabolizing of protein.
– Sweet potatoes are a good source of magnesium, which is the relaxation and anti-stress mineral. Magnesium is necessary for healthy artery, blood, bone, heart, muscle, and nerve function.
– High in potassium, one of the important electrolytes that help regulate heartbeat and nerve signals.
– Sweet potatoes are deliciously sweet tasting but their natural sugars are slowly released into the bloodstream, helping to ensure a balanced and regular source of energy, without the blood sugar spikes linked to fatigue and weight gain. Enjoy them in so many different forms! Try them roasted, puréed, steamed, baked, or grilled. You can add them to soups and stews, or even grill them!
Get out there and indulge in this delicious autumnal food! We hope you will share your recipes with us!